We all know how perspiring and lethargic it feels after a gruesome gym session or heavy workout. You feel pain in the muscles for the next few hours. It takes time to garner the energy and proceed with the other physical activities. People rely on supplements to aid in this workout recovery. Protein and ibuprofen supplements can help to some extent. However, you can switch to herbs for your post-workout energy drain. Herbs are a safe and widely used remedy to treat minor day-to-day problems. Cannabis products have gained traction over the past few years. Full Spectrum CBD is the most known cannabinoid out of the other cannabinoids. You can use it as a potential supplement for a speedy recovery from workout exhaustion.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is one of the various cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It is unlike the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Anthropologically, CBD has numerous benefits for the health of people. It reduces inflammation, relieves pain, muscle spasms, anxiety, stress, and other health disorders. With its legalization, it has become a dietary supplement. It can actively influence the lifestyle of people going to the gym.
Cannabidiol is closely related to the other compound Tetrahydrocannabinol. They differ from each other in their structural design. THC is the compound that makes people high and produces strong sedative effects. Moreover, it is a boon for muscle and body aches. CBD contains a small portion of THC, but it does not make it a psychoactive compound.
Exercise Can Wear Out Your Body.
When you begin to exercise, you are at the peak of energy and have strong muscles. As you proceed, with the repeated movements of the muscles, there arises some difficulty within the motion. You can suffer from muscle fatigue and muscle soreness with prolonged hours of exercise. These two are slightly different from each other. One is caused by the tightness of the muscles, whereas the other happens by elongating the muscles. When you experience concentric contractions of the muscles, it is fatigue in the muscles. It makes it difficult to move the muscles and causes severe pain. On the other hand, when you have to stretch your muscles, the fibers break due to the lengthening. The tearing of the muscle fibers causes inflammation of the affected area. It is known as muscle soreness.
How Does CBD Help in Workout Recovery?
When we exercise, the muscles slide past each other and cause problems like Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). The muscle problem gets initiated by the rubbing of the muscle fibers. The microscopic tearing of the muscles could be an unbearable pain for the affected person. People cannot regularly exercise and prefer taking gaps between daily workout sessions because of muscle soreness and fatigue. Many people take help from non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs to overcome workout issues. CBD has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties that can work as a natural alternative to psychoactive drugs. Making puffs from the CBD vapes relaxes the body after a rigorous workout. Vaping also reduces the recovery time and boosts energy.
- Sleep & Relaxation: One needs good and soothing sleep for recovering early. During sleep, the body repairs itself, removes toxic wastes, and rejuvenates. CBD is a popular remedy for improving the sleep cycle without feeling drowsy.
- Relieves pain: The strenuous exercise gives us a burning sensation in the muscles. This burning sensation and pain come from the production of lactic acid. Being an analgesic and pain-relieving compound, Cannabidiol reduces pain during and after exercise. CBD affects the biological activities of the body. It helps us get rid of the pain in the muscles and joints caused by the workout.
- Reduces Nausea: Exercising can make you feel nauseous. Nausea happens because the blood flow is redirected from the stomach to the muscles hindering digestion and other activities. Cannabinoids possess an antiemetic effect that prevents vomiting and controls nausea.
- Decreases Inflammation: Intense physical activity like a workout causes inflammation. With its high anti-inflammatory effects, CBD helps to reduce inflammation. It works excellent in edible and topical forms. It also relieves one from the Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness that intensifies inflammation.
- Anti-Catabolic: When you exercise, your blood pressure, heartbeat, and respiratory rate all rise together. It increases the catabolism in the body to break the molecules into smaller units for oxygen or energy requirements. CBD has the anti-catabolic property that can slow down the breaking of muscle tissues. CBD regulates and limits cortisol and catabolic hormones in the body. It reduces metabolism and helps in building muscle mass.
- Reduces Muscle Spasms: People report suffering from Exercise Associated Muscle Cramp (EAMC) soon after the exercise. EAMC is the severe contraction of the muscles, and it is highly unpredictable and painful. Muscle sprains and muscle spasms occur minutes after the workout and give intense pain. Cannabidiol has the antispasmodic property that can curb the effects of muscle spasms.
- Increases Appetite: By exercising and having a protein-rich diet, you can make muscles. The carbohydrates and fats provide you with the energy to build muscles. Therefore, a good appetite is necessary when working out the body. You also require calories to recover from the workout lethargy. CBD can significantly improve your appetite and aid in weight loss. It stimulates and increases your appetite.
- Cardiovascular problems: Reports and studies state that heavily exercising can put you at risk for cardiovascular diseases. The person may get cardiac arrest while in the middle of the exercise. With CBD, you can suppress this risk. It is a therapeutic solution for cardiovascular problems.
Every person who has ever worked out knows how it feels post the session. They are well acquainted with terms like muscle soreness and spasms. Exercising is a healthy activity that keeps our body in shape. You can’t give up on it because of its after-effects. Various drugs and wellness products help you are available that help you quickly recover from the workout trauma. CBD is a natural herb that can supplement the process of recovery with its exceptional properties. You can refer to more CBD articles to make an informed choice. You can use infamous topical products like CBD Oil and ingestive products like gummies to beat the post-workout lethargy.