Worried because of the bad results of the WiFi? No worries! Yes as you are a few minutes away from the re-installation guide. Just some steps in extending your Wi-Fi signals to every room of your house or workplace. You have two options for configuring your Linksys Wi-Fi extender.
Use Web Browser For Configuration
As said earlier, there is another way to set up the Linksys AC1200 Setup model. If the first strategy did not work for you, then you should try this one. This will also work as a troubleshooting setup.
- Wait for the LED once you plug the device into the socket in the same room. The existing router also needs to be solid blue.
- Connect with the extender’s Wi-Fi through your mobile. However, turn off your Mobile Data.
- Now, open a web browser and write Linksys extender login. Conversely, you can also use 192.168.1.1 for the same purpose.
- Then, choose the Wi-Fi network that you wish to expand. Change the extender’s location and then try to access WiFi.
- Plug the extender into an outlet midway between the router and the Wi-Fi dead zone for optimal performance. However, be certain that the place you have chosen is within range of your current Wi-Fi network.
Wait until the Signal LED becomes solid blue. After that, connect your Wi-Fi devices to it. The SSID of your extender is the same as the SSID of your router but with the suffix _EXT/5GEXT.
WPS Configuration Procedure
Using the Wi-Fi-protected setup (WPS) button, You can expand your Wi-Fi networks. If your pre-existing router has a WPS button, it should be labeled “WPS” on your router.
- If you can’t locate the button, it’s because your existing router lacks one (so you will need to use the second method discussed later in the post to extend your Wi-Fi network).
- First, connect your Linksys Extender to a power source (plug it near the router in the same room). After that, wait a few seconds for the PWR LED to solid blue. Check that the device’s antennas are pointing towards the upwards direction and vertically to the ground.
- In the second step press and hold the WPS button on your router for roughly 2 minutes before pressing the WPS button on the Wi-Fi extender. Then, wait for the extender’s Signal LED to become solid blue.
- Lastly, change the extender’s location and connect your Wi-Fi devices.
- Plug the extender into an outlet midway between the router and the Wi-Fi dead zone for optimal performance. However, be certain about the place of your current Wi-Fi network.
- Wait until the Signal LED becomes solid blue. After that, connect your Wi-Fi devices to it. The SSID of your extender is the same as the SSID of your router but with the suffix _EXT/5GEXT.
Guide For Troubleshooting The Issues
Reset process of Wi-Fi extender. To begin, turn on the gadget. When the PWR LED illuminates, locate a paper clip or other sharp item and push and hold the RESET button. Hold it down for around 5-6 seconds before releasing it.
The PWR LED will then become solid again. When it is solid on, your Linksys Wi-Fi extender has been reset successfully. For Linksys AC1200 setup and troubleshooting errors as well.
Why Can’t I Access The Wi-Fi Extender’s Web Interface?
Here’s how to solve the problem:
- If you’re using a Wi-Fi device, make sure you’re linked with the extender’s Wi-Fi network Linksys EXT that the Mobile Data feature is turned off.
- If you use a computer, ensure that you are connected to the extender’s Wi-Fi network as well and that your computer is configured to automatically get an IP address and DNS server address.
What IF The Extender And Router Network Connection is Poor?
When this occurs, it is usually because the router is encrypted using WEP or WPA/WPA (Enterprise) methods. Change your router’s encryption type to WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK, then try scanning again. This time, it should be able to locate your router’s Wi-Fi network. Lastly, what if there are no signals? This might be because the signal strength on your mobile device is low in the same location. So double-check to be sure. Check to see whether the superior router’s encryption is WEP.
So that’s how you get the Linksys AC1200 Setup and troubleshooting tips to run your extender. If you encounter any issues during or after the setup, reboot the device and begin the setup procedure again. Yes, rebooting the device generally helps to resolve a variety of difficulties, including a sluggish network and not working.